Sunday, January 12, 2014

Salome

There are so many children who need advocates and I am so busy with family life and our own adoption, but for this ONE, I can not be silent.

You see, many years ago on a March 13th, I lost a most untreasured treasure. I lost my dad, sure, he had issues, but when he could focus on being a dad, he was amazing and the thing I miss the most, is that he loved me, not because of my school grades or what I had acomplished, not because of my talents, but simply...because I was HIS. That's it, I was his and he loved me. I was 16 on that day, that day he left forever.

March 13, 2014, will be 24 years, since that day.

March 13, 2014, THIS little girl, this most untreasured treasure will be lost unless a mommy and a daddy claim her as their own. Unless they love her, not because of her grades or her acomplishments or talents, but simply because she is their daughter.
On that day, Salome will be 16.

Please, someone see her, love her.

No comments: