YOU KNOW YOU’RE AN ADOPTIVE PARENT IF …
(Or should be…)
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love & family.
3. You can’t watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child there would be no orphans in the world, is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who’ve experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about adopted child’s "real" parents.
7. You’ve been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth.(2 years!)
8. You’d no idea how you’d afford to adopt, but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing He’d provide. (& He does!)
9. You’ve taken an airplane half-way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God’s heart’s for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart & family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You know what the word "Dossier" means & you can actually pronounce it correctly!
13. You’ve welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child’s so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you’re the blessed one to have him or her in your life.