Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Return of the Daughters

I just finished watching The Return of the Daughters. I cried.




I cried for what I did not have. For what I want my girls to embrace. For the hope I have that my journey, my struggle, my story will mean something to them and their daughters. As a first generation believer I have come across much conflict in my family about not going to college. I am a pleaser and I love to make people happy, it has been such a struggle for me to learn that I am not to please man, but God alone.



I have come full circle and I have returned as a Daughter of the King. I held these beliefs when I was first married. I was young and I soon fell to discontentment and without family support to hold me accountable, I was miserable. I wanted to be anywhere but a wife and a mother. I wallowed in my sinful attitude and made life miserable. I believed the lies. Thankfully God never let go and He put in my heart the Truth once again. I only hope that it isn’t too late for my girls to catch the vision of Truth and Goodness.

No comments: